- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Boiling Folgers Coffee(use any instant coffee)
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 1 cups Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
preheat oven to 350F.
Mix together flour,baking soda and salt and keep aside.
In a mixer beat together butter,sugar and cocoa.To this add
boiling instant coffee,buttermilk,egg and vanilla and beat well.
Then add the dry ingredients and beat well.Scrape sides of
bowl if needed while mixing.Pour the cake batter to the baking pan
and place them into a preheated oven of 350 degrees for 30-35
minutes until the tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Butter cream cocoa icing recipe...
- 1 cup solid white vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp essence( vanilla or any other flavour)
- 2 tbsp milk or water
- 1 lb pure cane confectionery sugar(approx. 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Wilton meringue powder
- pinch of salt
Mix all the ingredients well
Recipe courtesy myhomecooking.net