- Chicken Breast , cut into small squares- around 2 cups
- Onion - 1 large , cut into squares
- Bell pepper - 1 , cut into squares
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- salt - as required
- Tomato - 1 , cut into small pieces
- Onion - 1, cut into small pieces
- Cashew - 5-6 pieces, soaked in water
- Kasuri Methi Powder- a pinch
- Whole spices - 1 star anise, small piece of cinnamon, 1 cardamom, few bay leaves.
- Cream - 1/4 cup - optional
- Coriander leaves.
Preparing chicken skewers
Cut chicken , Onion and bell pepper into small squares. Mix turmeric powder, chilli powder, yogurt, ginger
garlic paste,cumin powder and add enough salt. Add the squared pieces of chickenbell pepper and onion and coat with the mix. Keep it covered for 20 minutes.
Put the chicken, bell pepper and onion pieces on a skewer (skewer is optional, you can cook directly on griddle))and cook on a griddle or a flat pan(make sure to dry up any excess liquids during cooking).
Cook on medium heat on all sides until Chicken is well cooked and the sides turns slightly brown(adding some smoky flavour to chicken).
These are ready to eat!
Preparing the gravy
Blend the cashew pieces and tomatoes in a blender.
In a thick bottom vessel, add little bit oil and warm up. Add the whole spices and just heat at low just to bring the flavours out. Cut the onion into very small pieces and add it to the oil and cook int for few minutes until it is soft.
Add the tomato paste and little bit of chilli powder, turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste(note that chicken is already cooked with all the masala, so yo when you add the chicken to the gravy you may end up extra masala and salt).
Cook it covered for 8-10 minutes.
Add the cooked chicken and vegetables and cook for 3 more minutes.
Use the cream to make the gravy thin.
Garnish with Coriander leaves.