Rava laddu/ Sweet Semolina Balls
- 1 cup semolina / farina / rava
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup grated fresh coconuts
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tbs ghee clarified butter)
- few ghee fried raisins and cashew nuts (optional)
- crushed cardamom ,a pinch
Heat ghee in a pan, roast semolina till nice aroma fills the kitchen., set aside. Pulse coconut, sugar and crushed cardamom 2 -3 times in a food processor or blender. Add the roasted semolina to this coconut mixture, little by little and make small round balls out of it. ( you can add nuts and raisins to this coconut semolina mixture , personally i don't like nuts in my laddus.) If the mixture is too dry, add little bit of milk. In that way you can shape the laddus easily. Serve fresh or keep in air tight containers, will stay up to 2 to 3 days.