Stove top macaroni and cheese \ Mac n Cheese adding egg
Have you ever tried Mac n Cheese with egg? If not try this recipe , perfect way to feed egg and cheese to your little ones.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 0ne 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 3 cups extra-sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 2 large eggs. lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper, I used smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dry mustard dissolved in 1 tsp hot water (optional)
Cook pasta as per the package instructions, drain and return to the pot. Add butter pieces, stir until well blended. Add milk, cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper, combine well. Set the pot over low heat and cook, stir constantly until the sauce is smooth and creamy. This will take about 5 to 10 minutes. Do not let the sauce to overheat.